2016 was a big year. Travelling, running, exploring, adventuring, doing scary things, experiencing new challenges at work, eating at tasty places. I did a lot of things I never would have imagined doing 5, 3, and even 1 year ago.
I clearly remember at the end of 2014 looking back and thinking how am I going to top this year: I finished my Masters, got a job, travelled to the Cayman Islands, ran a community arts project, solo hiked, witnessed two best friends marry each other, went on many BC adventures, made new friends. 2015 ended up being even better! I don’t know if I am just getting old, but 2016 was the year I realized there are so many things I want to do but realistically there isn’t time to do everything. While this realization is somewhat sad, it’s also great encouragement to get out there, have fun, and go do what I want to do!
There are plenty of adventures and goals I hope to accomplish this year but here are 17 of them:
- Read 25 books
- Follow a budget, contribute to monthly savings, and track my spending on a weekly basis
- Launch a communications consulting business
- Build on my freelance writing experience and portfolio
- Run a half-marathon PB (sub 1:50)
- Run a marathon PB (sub 4:00)
- Climb the Grouse Grind in less than 50 minutes
- Run a 50 km trail race (no time goals)
- Do a 3 day juice cleanse at the Crocodile Pear
- Do a Whole30
- Meditate for 30 consecutive days
- Visit Vancouver’s 10 best coffee shops of 2016
- Blog twice weekly
- Grow my blog and social media audiences
- See a sports nutritionist and improve my training and race nutrition
- Stay injury-free (get rid of this piriformis problem once and for all) and improve my rest and recovery
- Travel: I have trips planned to Victoria, England, Toronto, and Calgary so far. I would also love to visit: Tofino, Galiano Island, East Sooke Park, Sunshine Coast, California, Seattle, and one or several of Canada’s National Parks (free this year!)
What are one, two, or 17 of your goals for 2017?